Polyurea and epoxy coatings are ideal for your retail store floor because they are custom decorative coatings that last for years and are very easy to polyurea coating maintain. A neoprine squeegee, stiff bristle broom, hot water and a small amount of cleaning agent with a degreasing agent is all that is needed to keep your floor looking new for years.
Decorative concrete has become one of the leading flooring options for retail stores nationwide during the past 5-10 years. The reason being capacity customize a floor with a seamless surface that is easy to keep clean. The biggest grouse is how to maintain the surface. Typical water based and acrylic sealers need a pricey maintenance system to protect the sealers. If the sealers tire the decorative concrete underneath will be severely sacrificed.
In the past few years a new protective finish has been developed that solves the problem of premature wear and expensive maintenance. This finish is a polyaspartic polyurea which is in the epoxy family but with an advanced chemical structure. These coatings wear like iron with a few combines that prevent marring. The new strain of polyureas come in clear or can be pigmented in different color and design. Unlimited design options make them ideal decorative coatings.
However the real benefit is their high performance and low maintenance.
Polyaspartic and Epoxy Coatings Benefits
- Surface Preparation is the first and most important step in the process. This consists of grinding the surface to a smooth, flat surface. When done correctly all the high spots in your concrete is removed. This is important for the final outcome. You want the coating to be flat and chip free. After the floor is ground smooth, fractures in the floor will be exposed and need to be filled.
- Color Options are unlimited. Polyaspartic Polyureas are clear wear. Your concrete can be impure or colored then coatings can be applied. A second option is to add color pigments into the coating. Decorative chips or quartz can be added and then a clear top coat. Decorative chips come in various sizes and colors. Small 1/16th inch chips appear like colored quartz at a fraction of the cost. There are also designer chips offering glitter.
Custom graphics can be designed and inlaid between wear. These are a high definition, specialized cloth material that is protected by the clear top coat.
- Bacteria Resistant : One of the unique benefits to polyaspartic and epoxy coatings is the tight linking of their chemical structure. The result is minimal micro-scratches and what scratches may appear have a straight edge as opposed to a frayed edge. Straight edges in a scratch enable dirt and bacteria to be easily cleaned from a floor. Coatings that get frayed edges trap dirt and moisture which breeds bacteria and makes floor look dirty and yellow.
- Waterproof After the floor is properly prepared the coatings are applied. Polyureas and epoxy coatings actually absorb into the surface. This is called “wetting”. When the coating cures, all the problematic veins and tiny air holes in concrete are capped off and the coating becomes area of the floor. This process stops moisture steam from delamenating the surface.
- Simple maintenance. It’s recommended to use hot water, a neoprine squeegee and stiff bristle broom to clean the floor. If there is not a floor depletion, a wet vac can be used. This feature eliminated the necessity for a mop that does only move dirt around. Floors are cleaned fast and dry immediately. This is not a money saving system, but restores clarity to the floor. With regular cleaning the floor can look brand new for years.